Convert sensor data into industry-standard format and easily integrate it into your existing software or platform
Turning encrypted sensor data into a user-friendly format
Once your sensors have collected data, what happens to it? How do you understand it and use it? We get asked about this a lot, and the simplest solution is to use our smart gateway.
Our smart gateway receives sensor data, converts it into IoT industry-standard MQTT protocol and makes it available locally or via the cloud, so you can easily integrate it into your existing software or platforms.
Turn sensor data into MQTT format, the most commonly used language for IoT devices
Connect straight to your software or IoT platform to unlock the value in the data you’ve gathered
Ready-made connections with leading IoT platforms.
As a trusted partner to some of the world’s leading businesses, we provide compliant, cost-effective technology solutions that offer the very best performance and reliability.
How our smart gateways work
In simple terms, the gateway receives data from the sensors and makes it usable. Data is transmitted from the sensors to the gateway wirelessly. The gateway converts the sensor data into an IoT industry-standard format – MQTT protocol – and sends it wirelessly via WiFi or LTE (4G) or via a wired ethernet cable to your chosen local or cloud-based MQTT broker.
Our sensor technology is platform-agnostic, so data from our sensors can be integrated into any software or platform.
- Receives secure AES-128 bit encrypted messages from sensors via the EnOcean wireless radio protocol
- Transmits data wirelessly via WiFi or LTE (4G) or via a wired ethernet cable. Failovers can be configured to automatically switch to a backup if needed
- Sends sensor data to any user defined local or cloud-based MQTT broker
- Ready-made connections with: Microsoft Azure, IBM Watson, Amazon IoT Core* and Google Cloud IoT* platforms (*Available soon)
Where possible we use low-latency, highly-durable channels and protocols, which means the infrastructure used to collect and forward data is easy to scale.
- We use EnOcean’s internationally approved wireless protocol, designed for reliable transmission in systems with numerous sensors
- The sensors communicate data using secure AES-128 bit encryption via the EnOcean wireless radio protocol
- Manufactured in the UK to meet the highest quality and environmental standards and global regulatory requirements
- Our products are tested internally and approved by third-party test bodies to ensure they are reliable, robust and compliant
Our sensor technology is platform agnostic, so data from our sensors can be integrated into any software or platform, connected directly to smart controllers or fed directly into building management systems.
- Our smart gateway converts sensor data into industry-standard MQTT format and makes it available locally or via the cloud
- Data is transmitted via a wired ethernet cable, or wirelessly via WiFi or LTE (4G)
- Ready-made connections with IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure, AWS IoT Core* and Google Cloud IoT platforms*
Want to learn more?
Download our product brochure to learn more about our smart-building sensor technology.
Confused about how to set up a smart sensor system? Check out our handy guide.