Repeaters provide range extension of EnOcean wireless signals the typical in-door range of 30 meters can be tripled to 90 meters.
Figure 1 Range without repeater
Figure 2 Range extension through repeater
Using more than 5 repeater devices that all have radio contact will overload the radio channel with repeated telegrams which will result in collisions and telegram losses.
Checking Repeater Mode
- Push STATUS and LEARN for 1 second
- LEARN LED Flashes X times for mode X (1, 2 or 3 = No Repeat)
- Mode 1: Level 1 repeater Repeats only received original subtelegrams
- Mode 2: Level 2 repeater Repeats only received original or once repeated subtelegrams
- Mode 3: No repeater (Default) Repeater disabled
Changing Repeater Level
The Intelligent Relay is capable of being a level one or level two repeater.
- Push & hold STATUS and LEARN After 3-4 seconds (BOTH LEDs Flash) Once LEDs stop flashing release buttons.
- Press LEARN LED X times for Repeater mode X
If the LEARN button is pressed more than twice both LEDs flash RED to indicate an invalid entry. Repeater settings must be re-entered.
E.g. to set repeater mode 2.
Push and hold STATUS and LEARN buttons
Short press LEARN
Press and hold LEARN
Intelligent Relay is now set to Repeater mode 2