Dry contact sensors
Dry contact sensors connect to power supplies, alarms or any application that needs monitoring and alert you if there’s any change in status
Get real-time alerts about the contact status of essential equipment
A dry contact sensor can be used to monitor any piece of equipment that has a contact point, or reed switch. This could be an appliance that’s in constant use, such as an uninterruptable power supply (UPS) or something that could be open or closed, like a door or shutter.
Adding our dry contact sensor to the switch, you can monitor the status of appliances in your IoT platform, BMS system or other software.
Know the live status of any equipment or unit that has a volt-free, dry contact output, such as UPS status, security systems, fire alarms or air conditioning units
Know when a power supply needs charging or replacing
Monitor equipment status in you IoT platform, BMS system or other software
As a trusted partner to some of the world’s leading businesses, we provide compliant, cost-effective technology solutions that offer the very best performance and reliability.
How our dry contact sensors work
A dry contact sensor can be used to monitor any piece of equipment that has a contact point, or reed switch. The reed switch will either be open or closed, meaning the appliance status will be on or off, and will alert you when that status changes. By adding our dry contact sensor to the switch, you can monitor the status in your IoT platform, BMS system or other software.
Data is sent wirelessly and securely from our sensors to any number of receivers. Because our technology is platform agnostic, the data from our sensors can be integrated into any software or platform. It can also be used to automate local control systems, or feed directly into an existing building management system.
Where possible we use low-latency, highly-durable channels and protocols, which means the infrastructure used to collect and forward data is easy to scale.
- We use EnOcean’s internationally approved wireless protocol, designed for reliable transmission in systems with numerous sensors
- The sensors communicate data using secure AES-128 bit encryption via the EnOcean wireless radio protocol
- Manufactured in the UK to meet the highest quality and environmental standards and global regulatory requirements
- Our products are tested internally and approved by third-party test bodies to ensure they are reliable, robust and compliant
Our sensor technology is platform agnostic, so data from our sensors can be integrated into any software or platform, connected directly to smart controllers or fed directly into building management systems.
- Our smart gateway converts sensor data into JSON, sends it via MQTT and makes it available locally or via the cloud
- Data is transmitted via a wired ethernet cable, or wirelessly via WiFi or LTE (4G)
- Ready-made connections with IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure, AWS IoT Core and can be available on other platforms if required.
Want to learn more?
Download our product brochure to learn more about our smart-building sensor technology.