Door and window sensors
Wireless building monitoring lets you see live status and usage, allowing you to improve efficiency, safety and security
Know whether doors and windows are open or closed, in real time
For a range of reasons, including safety, security and energy efficiency, it’s useful to know what’s going on around your building at any one time. Has a window been left open overnight? Has someone entered an access-controlled area without authorisation?
Our wireless, energy-harvesting door and window sensors automatically detect open doors or windows around your building, including doors on cupboards, cabinets and fridges. So you can:
Know the status of doors and windows, including doors on cupboards, cabinets, fridges and safes
Automatically detect open doors or cabinets, or open or broken windows
Automate building management controls based on live occupancy and conditions
As a trusted partner to some of the world’s leading businesses, we provide compliant, cost-effective technology solutions that offer the very best performance and reliability.
How our door and window sensors work
Small, unobtrusive contact sensors use magnetic fields to automatically detect open/close status of doors or windows. They’re wireless and self-powered using ambient room light, making them easy to install and maintain.
Data is sent wirelessly and securely from our sensors to any number of receivers. Because our technology is platform agnostic, the data from our sensors can be integrated into any software or platform. It can also be used to automate local control systems, or feed directly into an existing building management system.
Where possible we use low-latency, highly-durable channels and protocols, which means the infrastructure used to collect and forward data is easy to scale.
- We use EnOcean’s internationally approved wireless protocol, designed for reliable transmission in systems with numerous sensors
- The sensors communicate data using secure AES-128 bit encryption via the EnOcean wireless radio protocol
- Manufactured in the UK to meet the highest quality and environmental standards and global regulatory requirements
- Our products are tested internally and approved by third-party test bodies to ensure they are reliable, robust and compliant
Our sensor technology is platform agnostic, so data from our sensors can be integrated into any software or platform, connected directly to smart controllers or fed directly into building management systems.
- Our smart gateway converts sensor data into industry-standard MQTT format and makes it available locally or via the cloud
- Data is transmitted via a wired ethernet cable, or wirelessly via WiFi or LTE (4G)
- Ready-made connections with IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure, AWS IoT Core* and Google Cloud IoT platforms*
Want to learn more?
Download our product brochure to learn more about our smart-building sensor technology.