Test and assembly operator
At Pressac Communications we’re on a mission to make workplaces smarter. For over 60 years, we’ve been designing and manufacturing technology solutions for some of the UK’s most recognisable brands. Pressac develops smart sensor solutions for businesses to monitor and manage buildings, facilities and workplaces to deliver efficient, effective, safe facilities and better user experiences. Our vision is to become the UK’s leading smart building-sensor provider. This is where you come in!
To support the business in ensuring that manufactured output is achieved. There are 4 positions for this role available.
- Build electronic assemblies to a high standard
- Neat, consistent & high-quality work
- Produce & Test PCBA’s utilising the Company’s assembly plant including Surface Mount machine
- Final quality control inspection
- Adhere to work procedures and quality standard
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Ensuring of completion of all necessary documentation
Accountabilities and outcomes
- Pro-actively working to reduce or eliminate non-conforming product and making appropriate judgements on re-work
- Able to meet production deadlines
- Ensuring that Health and Safety practices are followed
- Support the production objectives efficiently and effectively in line with agreed procedures
This role requires a positive and proactive approach to all duties required of the job holder, as well as a willingness to take responsibility and strive for continuous improvement.
Qualifications and knowledge
- Soldering skills and knowledge or experience of IPC standards preferred but not essential (IPC 7711/21/ A610)
- Knowledge of PCBA assembly processes and experience of working in the electronics industry
- Understanding of quality, cost and efficiency would be an advantage
Skills and experience
- Able to skillfully use a wide range of soldering equipment
- Ability to follow a defined process without deviation
- Able to work with minimal supervision, achieve set targets within the team and use of initiative
- Ability to read and understand basic engineering drawings
- Good computer skills, excel, word, and device configuration
- Ability to inspect and identify faulty components against BOM’s
- Excellent organizational skills disciplined and attention to detail
If you feel you could be a good match and would like to know more, please send the following information to MojganShabani@pressac.com
- Your current CV
- A covering letter with your value proposition
- Your availability for interview and start dates
- Your current salary and salary expectations
If your application is successful, we will contact you ASAP to advise you of the next stage of our recruitment process.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we’ll be unable to provide personalised feedback should you be unsuccessful in your application.
No agencies, please. Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate, and no fees will be payable.