Solder processing engineer
At Pressac Communications we’re on a mission to make workplaces smarter. For over 60 years, we’ve been designing and manufacturing technology solutions for some of the UK’s most recognisable brands. Pressac develops smart sensor solutions for businesses to monitor and manage buildings, facilities and workplaces to deliver efficient, effective, safe facilities and better user experiences. Our vision is to become the UK’s leading smart building-sensor provider. This is where you come in!
The Technician will be required to contribute to process improvements, maintain good house-keeping standards including following lean principles and 5S.
- Inspecting PCBs and rework to IPC-7711/21 Standards
- Ability to assemble & solder Surface Mount and through hole PCB components by hand
- Advanced PCB rework when require and hand soldering according to IPC-7711/21 standards
- Ability to work from Engineering drawings
- If suitably trained to consult with Engineering on new products to eliminate production problems
- On-line PCB testing and fault finding, calibration and repair of various electronic devices
- To ensure testing methods identify all problems during the testing process and to feedback any inadequacies in the testing methods to engineering
- Centre of excellence for the team with difficult technical problems
- Maintain working area and solving technical problems with machine
- Propose and implement process improvement
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience gained in a similar environment
- Ability to fault find and diagnose problems
- Good concentration and excellent attention to detail
- Able to produce work of a high quality
- Dextrous and able to work on small products
- A flexible and co-operative approach
What you get
- Competitive salary offered dependant on experience.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application is successful, we will contact you ASAP to advise you of the next stage of our recruitment process.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we’ll be unable to provide personalised feedback should you be unsuccessful in your application.
No agencies, please. Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate, and no fees will be payable.