At Pressac Communications, we’re on a mission to make workplaces smarter. We develop smart building sensor technology for businesses to monitor their buildings, facilities, and equipment, automatically and in real-time. Our technology makes buildings talk.
For over 60 years, we’ve been designing and manufacturing smart technology solutions for some of the UK’s most recognisable brands. Our vision is to become the sensor technology partner of choice for large-scale smart building/IoT deployments. This is where you come in!
We’re seeking a Hardware Engineer to design and develop new product hardware.
- From scratch, design & development of hardware.
- Component and Module evaluation & specification.
- Circuit design & Schematic Capture.
- Multilayer PCB layout.
- Working closely with the purchasing function in terms of right first time, cost effective component selection and approval.
- Work closely with manufacturing operations to ensure seamless transition of design data to finished assembly.
- Assist with product VV&T, where required.
- Liaison between Design and external contractors.
- Report completed and ongoing tasks to line manager on regular basis.
- Maintain documentation of activities (TCF) as appropriate.
- Provide on time, on target cost hardware designs.
- Assist in introduction of new products and technologies.
- Provide guidance on improvements to working practices, equipment etc.
- Degree in Electronics and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Good all-round understanding of low power embedded electronics
- Familiar with low power RF protocols such as Zigbee, LoRa, Enocean
- Proficient in Schematic Capture/PCB layout CAD packages (Altium)
- Knowledge of ISM band RF antenna tuning
- RED/CE testing
- A minimum of 5 years’ previous experience in designing wireless embedded electronic devices
- Interfacing using SPI, I2C and UART
- Energy efficient designs (including battery powering)
- Design for Manufacture
- Software appreciation, Python, C, C++
If you feel you could be a good match and would like to know more, please send the following information to MojganShabani@pressac.com
- Your current CV
- A covering letter with your value proposition
- Your availability for interview and start dates
- Must be eligible to work in the UK (no Visa sponsorships/extensions).
If your application is successful, we will contact you ASAP to advise you of the next stage of our recruitment process.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we’ll be unable to provide personalised feedback should you be unsuccessful in your application.
No agencies, please. Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate, and no fees will be payable.