Full Stack Software Engineer
Full Stack Software Engineer
Pressac design and manufacture smart building technology for some of the world’s leading companies. Having established a strong reputation for quality products, and with impressive growth plans, our vision is to become one of the world’s leading smart building-sensor providers.
Design and Implement Embedded Software for IoT Sensors/Gateways.
- Designing and implementing software for embedded devices systems
- Liaise with external software contactors
- Generate test specifications and reports
- Assist with product VV&T, where required
- Investigate defective products and determine failure modes
- Report completed and ongoing tasks to line manager regularly
- Maintain documentation of activities (TCF) as appropriate
- Continually update and improve personal skills, behaviours, and knowledge relevant to the role
- Work closely with hardware design engineer to ensure the seamless transition of release products
- BSc Computer Science or Electronics
- Strong understanding of embedded software engineering (Node JS, Embedded C, Python)
- Familiar with communication protocol: TCP/UDP, MQTT, SPI, I2S, UART and I2C
- Good all-round understanding of electronic hardware
- Knowledge in database storage solutions like JSON and SQL
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in developing embedded software
- Experience with the following Microcontrollers: Raspberry PI, STM32, Microchip
- Experience with both HTTP and HTTPS web applications
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Experience in using software development packages like STM IDE, Atmel Studio, Eclipse and Keil
- Adequate Knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tooling and peer review
- Understanding and experience of production environment
- Experience using Linux and Windows operation system
- Familiar with OWASP standards
- Version control systems like GitHub and SVN
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Provide on-time, embedded software solutions
- Assist in introduction of new products and technologies
- Provide guidance on improvements to working practices, equipment etc
If you feel you could be a good match and would like to know more, please send the following information to MojganShabani@pressac.com
- Your current CV
- A covering letter with your value proposition
- Your availability for interview and start dates
- Must be eligible to work in the UK (no Visa sponsorships/extensions).
If your application is successful, we will contact you ASAP to advise you of the next stage of our recruitment process.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we’ll be unable to provide personalised feedback should you be unsuccessful in your application.
No agencies, please. Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate, and no fees will be payable.