Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Based in Nottingham, with national and international travel
Competitive salary plus annual bonus
Pressac design and manufacture smart building technology for some of the world’s leading companies. Having established a strong reputation for quality products, and with impressive growth plans, our vision is to become one of the world’s leading smart building-sensor providers.
An exciting opportunity for a high-performing, dynamic and commercially-astute sales professional looking to build and grow a best practice sales function.
We’re looking for someone who has a genuine passion for smart technology and significant experience of consultative sales. This role requires someone who can identify, attract, and close high-value technical sales and lead customer engagements to build long-term partnerships to ensure both revenue expansion and the overall organisational strategic plan is achieved.
You’ll need to be inquisitive, intelligent and able to quickly learn to become a subject matter expert in our marketplace and technology. You’ll use this knowledge to consult with customers, identifying the technology requirements and helping them achieve their objectives.
Working closely with high-performing marketing and technical functions, you’ll help shape efficient and effective marketing, sales, and customer management approaches, and feed market and customer insight into product and propositions.
- Identifying and qualifying potential high-fit revenue opportunities within new and existing customers
- Developing a strong understanding of customers needs to determine the appropriate product and technology strategy to meet their objectives
- Shaping pitches and leading commercial negotiations and processes
- Working with marketing to deliver integrated prospecting and nurturing campaigns, including attending networking and speaking at industry events
- Working with the technical delivery team and strategic partners to embed the solutions successfully and seamlessly into the customer’s business
- Providing accurate and timely sales forecasting and ensuring all contact and sales information is up-to-date in the CRM system
- Leading win-loss analysis and collecting market, competitor and customer insight for continual improvement
- A thought-leader/spokesperson for smart building technology; speaking at industry events, media and PR
- 10+ years experience in a B2B (business-to-business) consultative sales role delivering high-value technology sales
- A demonstrable track record of growing new and existing business, year on year
- Strong commercial awareness and aptitude, and effective negotiation skills
- Accountability will be second nature to you, with a can-do/take-charge attitude, to fit in with a small, innovative business
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to persuade and influence others at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and proficient in using a CRM (Hubspot experience ideal but not essential)
A competitive salary plus performance related annual bonus, and additional benefits.
If you feel you could be a good match and would like to know more, please send the following information to MojganShabani@pressac.com
- Your current CV
- A covering letter with your relevant experience and skills
- Your availability for interview and start dates
- Your current salary and salary expectations
If your application is successful, we will contact you ASAP to advise you of the next stage of our recruitment process.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we’ll be unable to provide personalised feedback should you be unsuccessful in your application.
No agencies, please. Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate, and no fees will be payable.
Must be eligible to work in the UK (no Visa sponsorships/extensions).